Cedarwood Beard Balm is an easy and thoughtful DIY gift for him that helps keep beards soft and tame during the harsh winter months. It consists of oils and waxes that moisturize skin and hair, and helps to shape beards.
DIY CEDARWOOD BEARD BALM
Cedarwood, the essential oil featured in this recipe, has a sweet woodsy scent that is typically favored by men. Condition, tame, and scent beards with this nourishing beard balm. Makes approximately two 2 ounce tins.
- 2 ounce tins (2)
- 4 TBSP beeswax pastilles
- 4 TBSP jojoba oil
- 2 TBSP shea butter and a grater
- 2 TBSP argan oil
- 10 drops of vitamin E oil
- 50 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
- Double boiler
- Wooden toothpick
- 2″ diameter glossy clear Avery labels 22825™ (optional)
- Wipe out the tins with a damp cloth. Allow them to dry completely.
- Combine the beeswax pastilles, jojoba oil, shea butter, argan oil, and vitamin E oil in the top of your double boiler. Heat until just melted.
- Remove the top of the double boiler from the heat. Drop the essential oil into the wax/oil mixture, then stir with a wooden toothpick.
- Pour the hot wax/oil mixture into clean tins. Allow the tins to harden completely (about 2 hours).
- Design a fun label for your tins. I customized a free Avery® template which made labeling quick and easy!
To use, scoop a small amount of beard balm onto fingertips and rub between hands to melt and warm. Massage the beard balm into the beard while skin is damp. If too much is applied and the beard appears to glisten, simply wipe excess away with a soft towel.
MORE GIFTS FOR HIM
For a thoughtful gift for him, try pairing DIY Cedardwood Beard Balm with some of the items listed below in a basket or gift bag:
- A Magazine Subscription
- Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband
- Leatherman Wingman Multi Tool
- All-in-One Trimmer with 5 attachments
- Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan
- Amazon Gift Cards
- The North Face Fleece Jacket
- Darn Tough Men’s Merino Wool Hiking Socks
- Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth Speaker